FUN ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS OF ALL AGES!
Kids of separate age require involving in different activities. Grouping children of different age groups together may often result in chaos and underdevelopment of the toddlers. Thus, we have come up with age-specific activities at Happy Children. We have included such activities which will help them to learn, grow and enjoy at the same time.
Modelling and playdough play
Playdough activities can help toddlers to grow and identify objects. This activity is mostly for the kids of 18 months to 24 months years of age. Some of the reasons why playdough activities are an advantage for kids are as follows:
- Colour mixing in play dough helps the kids to differentiate among the different colours.
- Children can also scribble letters and numbers in play dough which helps them to learn the numbers and the alphabets.
- Also, it helps them to identify the different shapes.
This activity is for the little grownups than the toddlers. Advantages of this session involve:
- In this session, children are mostly made to play with sand, dry ice, water, etc. This helps to regulate their calming and concentrating senses.
- As children in this session try to explore and test their creativity, this session helps children to enhance their inner voice and know themselves better.
- It helps to get a hold on the language skills as well. Feeling the object and trying to explain them in words is what children try to do here.
- Works on the fine motor development as they are mostly engaged in activities like pouring, cutting, scooping out objects, moulding, etc.
In this activity, the kids are made to walk around the garden so that they can get to know about the natural objects. They are made to differentiate between flowers, leaves, etc.
When kids reach the age of around 18 to 24 months, they start to imitate their agents of primary socialization. In this session, their imitation is closely observed by us and several other characters from different stories are introduced to them.
- Children are made to practice simple yoga postures in this session. The activity is initiated with a warm-up where children are made to make different shapes with their arms and legs. This also helps them to identify their body parts as well as the shapes.
- Colour slam – In this, the students are made to write the name of the colour of the strips on the matching papers. This enhances their writing skills and also identifying skills.
- Fun with cubes – Here, children are made to play with cubes. Several types of activities are practised with the help of the cubes.